Our all-time favorite Fish Tacos recipe! These are loaded with fresh ingredients and perfectly seasoned plump fish. Don’t skip the best fish taco sauce – a garlic lime crema that you will want it on all your tacos!
This is our recipe for family reunions and company because it gets together quickly and always receives great reviews. These fish tacos are very tasty and satisfying, but you’ll feel good and light at the end of the meal.
This recipe is the size of a party and can be shortened to feed a smaller crowd. It was developed by my brother-in-law, Slavik, and has been adopted by almost everyone in our family. I’ve gotten a lot of requests to publish the recipe, so here it is! It is an easy and excellent recipe for fish tacos. Thank you Slavik for sharing your amazing fish tacos with us. I am pretty sure it is impossible to tire of this recipe. PS They’re just gluten-free fish tacos!
Seriously, be generous with that seafood taco sauce! The sauce recipe was adapted from Kaylee on All Recipes. We just doubled it because there never seems to be enough sauce;).
Ingredients for fish tacos:
We use tilapia but you can use any white fish. Salmon or shrimp would also be amazing!
Ingredients for fish tacos:
Cotija cheese is a Mexican cheese that crumbles when you grate it; similar to feta cheese but much softer in flavor and not as salty. It’s inexpensive and located in the refrigerated cheese section of the grocery store.
Ingredients for the best fish taco sauce:
For the fish taco sauce, all you need is sour cream, mayonnaise, lime juice, garlic powder, and sriracha. The sriracha adds a touch of spice so you can add more or less depending on your preference. This taco sauce is essentially a lime cream – the perfect combination of spicy flavor and warmth (print recipe below).
How to make fish tacos:
1. Line a large baking sheet with parchment or silicone liner. In a small plate, mix together seasonings: 1/2 teaspoon cumin, 1/2 teaspoon cayenne pepper, 1 teaspoon salt, and 1/4 teaspoon black pepper, and sprinkle seasoning mixture evenly over both sides of tilapia .
2. Lightly drizzle the fish with olive oil and coat each piece with a dot of butter. Baked at 375 ° F for 20-25 min. If you want it to brown slightly around the edges, you can grill for 3-5 minutes at the end if you like.
3. Combine all ingredients of the Taco sauce: 1/2 cup sour cream, 1/3 cup Mayo, 2 tablespoons lime juice (1 medium lime), 1 teaspoon garlic powder, 1 teaspoon sauce Sriracha, or to taste in a medium bowl or large measuring cup and mix until well blended. It’s really fun and it feels like dining out to serve the sauce in a squeezed bottle like this.
4. To serve the tacos, quickly toast the corn tortilla tostadas in a large dry skillet or griddle over medium / high heat.
5. To assemble: start with the fish, then add the remaining ingredients ending with a generous pinch of cotija cheese and finally that amazing taco sauce! Serve with a fresh lime wedge to squeeze the extra lime juice onto the tacos.